Sunday, May 17, 2015

CHALLENGE #5: Abs 2.0

Hello All!

I have been meaning to post this workout for awhile now, I did something similar a few weeks ago and my abs were super sore and awesome feeling two days later. Abs are my favorite muscle group to work out and I have a hard time finding workouts that create soreness because of how often I focus on them, so I decided to combine a few I enjoy doing the most. Let me know what you think!

Warm Up:

You can do whatever you like to do to warm up, but as mentioned in the past I always like to start with a simple yoga flow. This helps me warm up my muscles and tendons by giving them a nice stretch and if done with a fast-pace gets my blood flowing as well.

Also, if you'd like, 1-3 rounds of:

10 jump lunges
10 burpees
10 jump squats
20 sit ups
20 mountain climbers
20 toe raises
30 russian twists
30 jumping jacks
30 high knees

Workout:

5 minute plank*
- :30 elbow plank
- :30 high plank
- 1:00 left side plank
- :30 high plank
- 1:00 right side plank
- :30 high plank
- 1:00 elbow plank

Drink water and rest for a minute or two, if needed

Plank walk ups (repeat x3)
- 10 walk ups (begin with left arm)
- Left knee to chest x5 (hold for 10 seconds each)
- 10 walk ups (begin with right arm)
- Right knee to chest x5 (hold for 10 seconds each)

Full sit ups (1 song or 4 minutes)
- Use a yoga ball if available, and vary direction if you'd like

1:00 Pilates hundreds
30 Bicycle crunches
15 Star crunches
- Repeat x3

Cool Down:

Mountain pose > Forward fold > Half-way lift > Forward fold > Mountain pose > Stretch up, tip toes > Back bend > Mountain pose > Downward facing dog > High plank > High to low push up > Upward facing dog > Down dog > Raise left leg > Warrior II > Extended side angle > Reverse warrior > Repeat through second down dog, then do right side.

*Another version of the 5 minute plank was included in the previous ab challenge I posted. Feel free to use either version, or your own variation!



No comments:

Post a Comment